With an annual average temperature of 77 degrees Fahrenheit and equally warm winters, Boca Raton is one of the best places in the country for golf. That’s why the PGA Tour holds so many of its annual competitions in South Florida, including the Allianz Championship, which puts Boca’s natural beauty front and center for an international television audience every February.
The Allianz showcases the best of the best in professional golf, but there’s ample opportunity in the area for amateur players and casual enthusiasts to get their 9 to 18 in whenever they so desire. Of course, golf is hardly all that Boca has to offer; residents and visitors alike enjoy the area’s wealth of beaches, parks and dining options when they aren’t hitting the links. Bocaire is home to one of the best golf courses in the area. Bocaire Golf Course is being redesigned by Kipp Schulties with beauty, variety and challenging golf play: Read More
Where To Golf In Boca Raton
Private courses at country clubs generally offer the best grounds maintenance and range of amenities. However, the majority still require you to schedule a tee time, as well as charging added greens fees for non-players (such as children or other family members) who want to accompany you onto the course. The lone exception in Boca is the Bocaire Country Club, which has an 18-hole course for members that never requires tee times and allows family members to accompany players on the course at no extra charge.
Seasons and Golf Events
While most of the rest of the country is freezing and digging out from under snow and ice, winter conditions are perfect in Boca for golf. The weather is usually in the mid-70s during the day, and the chance of precipitation is relatively low at an average of about 15% per day.
Florida is famed for summer rain, and the period that golfers have to really keep an eye on the forecast for is the stretch from about the beginning of June to the end of September, when there is a significantly elevated chance of precipitation. Rainstorms in the South Florida area can be very quick, however, and it’s not unusual to see one come and go within the space of an hour. They’re also fairly predictable, usually occurring at the hottest point of the day in the afternoon hours.
The Allianz Championship is the city’s big professional event, but there are some smaller events to keep an eye out for as well:
- The Annual Golf Classic hosted by the Boca Chamber of Commerce consists of 36 teams of golfers sponsored by local businesses. The event begins with breakfast and ends with an awards luncheon, and there is an additional putting competition.
- The Boca Raton Regional Hospital Championship gives local golfers a chance to share the green with a legend of the game as part of their VIP package. Past participants include Nick Price, Hale Irwin and Fuzzy Zoeller.
- The Torah Academy of Boca Raton holds an annual golf tournament that includes a golf clinic and a “million dollar shot” competition.
- The Boca West Foundation’s Annual Golf Challenge raises money for local children’s charities and includes a concert and raffle.
- The National Multiple Sclerosis Society holds an annual charity tournament that pairs donors with a celebrity partner.
Want More Golf Information?
Contact Us Today! You can tour our facilities and see if Bocaire is a fit for you!